[governance] Holiday Valentine email scam infects computers...

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Wed Feb 13 15:27:56 EST 2008

Sylvia Caras [13/02/08 09:50 -0800]:
>Holiday Valentine email scam infects computers...
>
>http://www.emergencyemail.org/newsemergency/anmviewer.asp?a=283&z=1
>
>The US FBI issued this warning, defining their own role in governance.

Governance? They have a mandate to investigate cybercrime. And are the
usual point of contact for US citizens who have been scammed through
cybercrime. I believe even local police would refer them to FBI in most
cases.

So - they issue public advisories, targeted at US citizens of course, but
as spam, worms, cybercrime etc are global, and as the advice is sound, no
reason why most of the advice cant apply worldwide.

May I suggest a primary source by the way (such as a pointer to the FBI
advisory)? That would be easier - that emergencyemail.org link you quoted
is crowded with more ads than content.

suresh
     governance at lists.cpsr.org