[governance] Comments on Rio - Suggestions for Delhi - main

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Wed Feb 13 11:23:12 EST 2008

>Hi,
>
>Too much mail so briefly, I hope we can suggest
>
>>  We propose that 'An assessment of the current global policy institutional
>>  framework and mechanism for the Internet, in terms of existing and emerging
>
>As an overarching focus of the meeting (and the forum), rather than just one
>session.  Do away with the four generic main session topics from Athens and
>replace with new ones, one of which could be development, another could be
>assessing implementation of the WSIS principles (how are transparency and
>inclusion done across native administrative and intergovernmental
>institutions, best practices etc---a linked workshop could go deeper into
>this).  If someone could explain IG and the environment (as opposed to
>Internet/ICT and the environment) and we can agree there's something there,
>maybe that'd interest people and please Fujitsu etc.

Arghhh... what's the point of trying to report
what the guy who leads the IGF secretariat is
saying and what's going to come up in the MAG?

The first paragraph of the IISD paper I mentioned
would also be part of the push for
ICT/environment/sustainable development in the
IGF:

and views on the November 2007 Rio de Janeiro
meeting, and suggestions regarding the format and
content of the December 2008 New Delhi meeting,
this paper proposes that Sustainable Development
be considered as a theme for the New Delhi
meeting, and that one of its plenary sessions be
devoted to "exploring the linkages between
Internet governance and sustainable development"
etc etc

available at
<http://www.intgovforum.org/rio_reports/Sustainable_Development%20-%20Theme_Proposal_for_IGF_New%20Delhi%20-%20IISD_FINAL.doc>
Enjoy.