[governance] Reconstituting MAG

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Wed Feb 13 04:38:39 EST 2008

Jeremy Malcolm [13/02/08 18:30 +0900]:
> of familiarity with Unix, C and TCP/IP networking.  Public policy
> experience counts for very little.

You cant have th cake and eat it too.

> out is RFC 2804, the IETF's Policy on Wiretapping (basically deciding that
> the IETF would not facilitate the interception of data by LEAs in the
> design of its protocols).

That's what you call a code of ethics. Not a public policy decision

> Whilst I agree with the outcome in that case, the process by which it was
> reached, which excluded governmental and broader civil society input,

Jeremy, pretty soon you'll start requiring civil society input and
governmental input for oh, pledges to stop smoking, maybe?

IETF people decide what they wont do. That's called freedom of choice.

So, is civ soc against that?

	suresh
     governance at lists.cpsr.org