[governance] Summer School on Internet Governance

Nyangkwe Agien Aaron nyangkweagien at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 09:07:08 EST 2008

Many thanks Wolfgang for the info.
But one question: is there no sponsorship for candidates from LDCs. The
content of the program makes the class a must for candidates from the South
to participate. How do we get about this inclusiveness without
sponsorship?
Aaron

On 2/8/08, Kleinwächter, Wolfgang <
wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de> wrote:

> Please distribute it as wideley as possible
>
> Wolfgang
>

> Call for Application
>

> 2nd Summer School on Internet Governance (SSIG)
>

> Meissen, July 25 - August, 31, 2007
>

>        <http://www.norid.no/>       <http://www.eurid.eu/>        <
> http://www.dotasia.org/>
>

> The Internet, with more than 1.2 billion users worldwide, is the most
> important infrastructure of the information age. The Internet influences
> policies, economics and cultures on the global as well as on the local
> level. Internet related issues like security and stability, freedom of
> expression, privacy, eCommerce, new market opportunities, protection of
> intellectual property, fight against cybercrime, development, digital divide
> and others getting higher and higher priorities on the national and
> international political agenda. To reach the UN Millenium Development Goals
> (MDG) until 2015 the Internet is a crucial tool. For some experts Internet
> Governance will become as important as it is climate change today.
>

> Do you want to understand, how and by whom the Internet is governed and
> what the issues are which have made Internet Governance as one of the new
> global conflicts of the diplomacy of the 21st century? Do you want to know
> what the political, economic, social and legal implications of Internet
> Governance are and what is behind ICANN, RIRs, ccTLDs, gTLDs, iDNs, IPv6,
> IGF, WGIG and WSIS ? Do want to get more detailed information on how
> technical Internet Standards, Protocols and Codes, how the Domain Name
> System and the IP Address Space or the Domain Name market is evolving? Than
> you should apply for the "2008 Summer School on Internet Governance" (SSIG).
>

> The 2008 Summer School offers a unique multidisciplinary high level 50
> hours academic programme both for graduate students and young academics as
> well as for junior professionals from private sector, government and civil
> society. The programme is a well balanced mixture of theoretical lectures
> with world leading academics as well as practical presentations from well
> known experts working directly in the technical community, the market or in
> policy. It offers also opportunities for interactive communication with
> faculty members and among the fellows themselves by the daily evening
> programme of students  presentations.
>

> Members of the 2008 Faculty include, inter alia
>
> Prof. Olga Cavalli, University of Buenos Aires
>
> Bertrand de la Chapelle, Envoy of the Information Society, French Foreign
> Ministry
>
> Avria Doria, Lulea Technology University, Chair of ICANNs GNSO Council
>
> Dr. William Drake, Graduate Institute for International and Development
> Studies, Geneva
>
> Philipp Grabensee, Chairman of the Board of Afilias Ltd., Dublin
>
> Ayesha Hassan, International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), Paris
>
> Markus Kummer, Executive Secretary of the Internet Governance Forum, (TBC)

> [...]

Aaron Agien Nyangkwe
Journalist/Outcome Mapper
Special Assistant To The President
Coach of ASAFE Camaroes Street Football Team.
ASAFE
P.O.Box 5213
Douala-Cameroon
Tel. 237 3337 50 22