[governance] communicating with our peers

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.id.au
Wed Feb 6 09:08:12 EST 2008

On 06/02/2008, at 8:26 PM, Jeanette Hofmann wrote:

> Parminder wrote:
>>> If you're just saying the civil society members don't report
>>> enough of what's being said, you're right.  We don't.
>> That’s the whole thing, the entire point of the discussion and not
>> a minor
>> post-script to the discussion. Can we know and try to understand
>> why we
>> don’t.
>
> Actually I am not sure if there has been any substantial issue that
> hasn't been reported by any of us.

How about setting in place more of a procedure, rather than leaving
reporting ad hoc as at present?  For example, producing a regular
fortnightly or monthly summary of discussions, and filling in any gaps
in the reports of in-person meetings would be helpful.  This doesn't
let the Chairs of the Advisory Group off the hook for not formalising
such procedures, but since it's within the power of the CS
representatives to increase the transparency of the MAG independently,
it confuses many that they haven't.

--
Jeremy Malcolm LLB (Hons) B Com
Internet and Open Source lawyer, IT consultant, actor

     governance at lists.cpsr.org