[governance] URGENT - Call for volunteers for Nomcom pool for MAG selection process

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Mon Dec 22 15:32:55 EST 2008

So that we can begin a process to select IGC nominations for the Multi
Stakeholder Advisory Group, we first need a pool of volunteers from whom the
IGC Selection Committee (or Nomcom) will be chosen.

To get this started, we need 25 volunteers if at all possible. But we must
close off the pool on or about January 7 to meet our deadlines. Either send
your name to this list in reply to this message or to me by personal email.
(to the list is preferable)

The process is described in full at http://www.igcaucus.org/node/2. But
briefly,

The IGF Secretariat has called for nominations from stakeholder groups for
potential new members of their Multi Stakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) .The
suggested candidates from this caucus will be made by a Nominating Committee
(nomcom) of five randomly chosen members of the volunteer pool for this task

So we need to have a selection committee ( a nomcom) To choose the NomCom,
we ideally need a pool of a minimum of 25 volunteers. 5 people from the pool
will be chosen via a pre-determined algorithm to serve as the NomCom and
make the appointments, working with an independent non voting Chair whose
name will be announced shortly. Those chosen will not be able to stand for
MAG selection this time round - other volunteers not chosen are able to
stand.

Everyone is urged to volunteer. So please consider volunteering by
submitting your name now in reply to this topic. We need 25 volunteers
urgently. Your participation here will help us to get this task underway.

Those selected will need to make some time available from mid January until
early February to review candidate profiles and make selections as a group.
Past experience suggests you might need to devote about 6 hours total to
this task over a month.

Please volunteer. We need your help to make this process work

Ian Peter

PO Box 429

Bangalow NSW 2479

Australia

Tel (+614) 1966 7772 or (+612) 6687 0773

www.ianpeter.com