[governance] yet another election forthcoming

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 14:16:03 EST 2008

Thank you for sharing this information but please do share that what
are the requirements for nomination. i would be interested in
participating in the MAG with my permanent responsibility towards the
Open Internet and actionable work towards FOSS, Openness, Alternate IP
and rights.

On 12/20/08, Jeanette Hofmann <jeanette at wzb.eu> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> we have hardly completed the election of the new coordinator and before
> we know it there is another election waiting.
> The IGF secretariat got the go-ahead from UN headquarters to start with
> the MAG renewal process. The secretariat hopes to announce the new
> members in time for the meeting in May 2009 in Geneva.
>
> This is fairly early compared to last years. I just went through our
> mail archive. This year we started protesting about the lack of
> information about the new members in August!
>
> We havn't got a deadline yet for nominations but it can't hurt to start
> thinking about candidates.
>
> These are the CS members from this year (copied from Parminder's August
> 22 mail):
>
> Valeria Betancourt
> Graciela Selaimen
> Y. J. Park
> Natasha Primo
>
> And a few of IGC members whose membership has been renewed.
>
> Robin Gross
> Jeanette Hofmann
> Ken Lohento
> Qusai Al Shatti
>
> About a third of the members should rotate each year. All of the renewed
> members have now completed their 3. And to make it a bit more
> complicated, we are just one of the groups who nominate CS members.
>
> All the best, jeanette

Sent from my mobile device

Regards.
Fouad Bajwa