[governance] yet another election forthcoming

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Sat Dec 20 10:06:05 EST 2008

Hi everyone,

we have hardly completed the election of the new coordinator and before
we know it there is another election waiting.
The IGF secretariat got the go-ahead from UN headquarters to start with
the MAG renewal process. The secretariat hopes to announce the new
members in time for the meeting in May 2009 in Geneva.

This is fairly early compared to last years. I just went through our
mail archive. This year we started protesting about the lack of
information about the new members in August!

We havn't got a deadline yet for nominations but it can't hurt to start
thinking about candidates.

These are the CS members from this year (copied from Parminder's August
22 mail):

Valeria Betancourt
Graciela Selaimen
Y. J. Park
Natasha Primo

And a few of IGC members whose membership has been renewed.

Robin Gross
Jeanette Hofmann
Ken Lohento
Qusai Al Shatti

About a third of the members should rotate each year. All of the renewed
members have now completed their 3. And to make it a bit more
complicated, we are just one of the groups who nominate CS members.

All the best, jeanette

     governance at lists.cpsr.org