[governance] Thank you to Parminder

Sivasubramanian Muthusamy isolatedn at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 10:59:00 EST 2008

Hello Parminder and All,

I have been fiercely opposed to some of your views and have challenged the
nuances of some of your passionate pursuits in the list but in the process I
was a little charmed by the way you responded to all the opposition from me
and some others in the list. You never hesitated to clarify your position on
and sometimes offlist even on the face of harsh adversity. What needs to be
placed on record is the maturity with which you have separated issues from
personalities. I always had the feeling that you were a considerably
seasoned person not to take the issue based disagreements personal and with
this understanding you became my favorite adversary!!

At the IGF when I met you in person I felt that we had a certain degree of
understanding as fellows opposed in views to each other.

I am sure that most participants in the list, irrespective of whether or not
they were in agreement with your proposals and debates, would share the same
spirit of fellowship with you at the IGC and outside.

This is not a farewell message - with the burden of the position taken away
you are likely to have a lot more time to participate in the Caucus and
other IGF activities, I wish you all the best and look forward to many more
interesting situations to challenge you all the more fiercely.

Thank you Parminder.

Sivasubramanian Muthusamy

http://www.linkedin.com/in/sivasubramanianmuthusamy
http://www.circleid.com/members/3601/