[governance] Election Process

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Fri Dec 12 01:30:58 EST 2008

Just to update everyone on the election process for a Co-coordinator to
replace Parminder Singh -

We are now in the process of preparing the electronic ballot paper, which
will be distributed to every name on our mailing list of more than two
months standing. Please note then, that if you have changed your mailing
address in the last two months, and the old mailing address which was
subscribed to the list is no longer operable, you should contact me
personally with details of the old address and new mailing address so I can
arrange for a ballot paper to be sent.

Each person sent a ballot paper will be asked first to affirm whether they
are a member of civil society. Only civil society members are entitled to
vote.

You will be given a choice of candidates to vote for, plus a "none of the
above" option. If you prefer not to vote for a candidate, please fill in
this option - that allows us to keep you on the updated membership list as a
current member.

The ballot paper and/or the covering letter will provide links to candidate
bios/statements which have been received. In fairness these will all be
approximately the same length and as provided by candidates.

The ballot will be a secret ballot. The ballot will be open for one week. An
announcement of the results will be made before Christmas.

You should expect to receive a ballot paper before Tuesday next week (15th)
possibly earlier. If you believe you are entitled to vote and have not
received a ballot paper by then please contact me directly.

I'll update everyone with additional details when we are ready to commence.

Many thanks to Dr Derrick Cogburn, our Returning Officer!

Ian Peter

PO Box 429

Bangalow NSW 2479

Australia

Tel (+614) 1966 7772 or (+612) 6687 0773

www.ianpeter.com