[governance] JefreyA Williams suspension

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Tue Dec 9 16:27:43 EST 2008

Hi Karl, and welcome!

The rules are in our charter, which can be accessed at
<http://www.igcaucus.org/charter> http://www.igcaucus.org/charter

The actions taken are not the result of one or two days of email, but rather
a build up which has gone on for several months during which many members
complained about the disruptive nature of the postings. As a result of this
the co-coordinators wrote to Jeffrey privately outlining the concerns being
expressed. After an interval of time, as the disruptive postings continued
to appear, a public warning appeared on the list. Since then the
co-coordinators have on many occasions considered whether a suspension was
necessary. This is not something which was done lightly.

This is nothing to do with freedom of expression, censoring opinions,
disagreements with positions taken, or any particular posting. I do invite
you to read a few months of our archives and determine for yourself what we
have been dealing with.

Ian Peter

  _____