[governance] World Bank CIO Duties Change Hands in Wake of Attacks

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Tue Dec 2 07:36:18 EST 2008

All,

  As a matter of good governance, it would appear that the World
Bank is for from having achieved a passing mark yet.  It would also
appears that the business as usual at the World Bank continues, but
hopefully and perhaps not for too much longer.  I have at the behest
of our members, passed on to the Obama administration new UN
ambasador, Susan Rice, a now former member of INEGroup to
deliver a letter regarding this matter to the UN secretary or
significant displeasure and disgust in the poor operational security
measures and policies of the World Bank, in no uncertain terms ans
soon as she officially takes on her duties there.

  Will the IGC be weighing in on this incident in any substancial way,
or at all?  Seems that the IGC should at a minimum, be communicating
with the World Bank as infrastructure to poorer countires for their
IT infrastructure has been and is still significantly supported with
loans from the World Bank.  On behalf of our members, I request that
the IGC do so...  It's clear that doing business with the World Bank
at this juncture is not likely to be a financially safe endevor.  That
should not ever be, or have been the case.

See:
(November 26 & 27, 2008)
The World Bank has made some personnel changes following attacks on the
organization's computer systems last summer.  World Bank Vice President
and Chief Information Officer Guy-Pierre De Poerck has been relieved of
duties; they are now in the hands of Head of General Services Robert Van
Pulley.  A World Bank spokesperson did not say if the shift in
responsibilities indicated that De Poerck was being blamed for the
attacks.  The World Bank has also commissioned "a comprehensive external
review" of its information systems.
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f0b4e6ac-bc9e-11dd-9efc-0000779fd18c.html

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 284k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln
"YES WE CAN!"  Barack ( Berry ) Obama

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04