[governance] Free Web Plan Being Pushed by FCC Head

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Mon Dec 1 18:28:15 EST 2008

Lee, Guru, and all,

  Lee may very well be correct in his assumption here.  I for one,
cannot see how the USG can afford to provide free internet for
everyone, let alone government officials given our current financial
condition as a nation.  We owe nearly everyone huge sums that
will likely take most of the next generations lifetime to repay, and
all of the current generations remaining lifetime to just make the
interest payments, and that's with a tax increase, BTW.

Lee W McKnight wrote:

> Guru,
>
> Sorry to be the voice of cynicism here, but the proposal is more about
> increasing Mr. Martin's post-FCC income (as consultant/lobbyist)than
> USG providing free Internet for all any time soon.
>
> Lee

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 284k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln
"YES WE CAN!"  Barack ( Berry ) Obama

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04