SV: SV: SV: SV: [governance] Re: Why standards from ISO are not

Kicki Nordström kicki.nordstrom at srfriks.org
Sun Aug 31 05:25:24 EDT 2008

Dear Tapani,

I have sent a request for an answer to the DAISY Consortium and I will forward the reply then I receive it. I do not know of any exceptions in international laws concerning persons with disabilities! I doubt that ISO have made any exceptions and ISO standards are not laws either. National laws may have exceptions but not any international exceptions. The only mentioning of concerns is the new UN Convention on the rights of persons with disabilities (CRPD). In article 30 is intellectual properties mentioned which should not constitute limitation for PWD. But CRPD apply only to countries that have ratified the convention.

Yours
Kicki

Kicki Nordström
Synskadades Riksförbund (SRF)