[governance] Re: Why standards from ISO are not freely available?

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Tue Aug 26 10:29:34 EDT 2008

Stephane and all,

  This has been a long standing problem with the ITU.  Different
classifications of Documents, some avaliable for free, others not,
such as ITU-R, which is really the "Good stuff".  So why not
ITU-R?  Well, my guess has always been, and remains that
the ITU, and UN organization isn't really interested in just
anyone having access to the good stuff, but can access any
of the trivial documentation.  Seems to me that this a blatent
form of denial of access to knowledge.  Others opinion may
of course very.

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 11:34:59PM +0530,
>  atanu garai <atanugarai.lists at gmail.com> wrote
>  a message of 24 lines which said:
>
> > The difference being that ITU standards - so called ITU-T recs - are
> > mostly available free of charge
>
> Not "mostly", all of them:
> <http://www.itu.int/newsroom/press_releases/2007/21.html> (but ITU-T
> only, not ITU-R)

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com