[governance] Two outrageous stories of so-called

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 21 21:22:01 EDT 2008

George and all,

  The patent system in the US has already recently been overhauled.
I seriously doubt that a new overhaul effort will gain much support
within the USG anytime soon, if in my lifetime.

George Sadowsky wrote:

> The two patents APPROVED this month are described below below. It's
> truly remarkable that such giants of of the information industry can
> make such unbelievable leaps into the future. I first thought that
> these were clever jokes.  They are not.  If you don't believe them,
> check them
> in: http://patft.uspto.gov/ http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-adv.htm&r=1&p=1&f=G&l=50&d=PTXT&S1=7,407,089&OS=7,407,089&RS=7,407,089 http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=7,415,666&OS=7,415,666&RS=7,415,666 or
> just Google the patent numbers for some interesting commentary. Then
> take action to demand a complete overhaul of the patent
> system. George ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  AWARDED
> TO IBM! On Tuesday, IBM was granted US Patent No. 7,407,089  for
> storing a preference for paper or plastic grocery bags on customer
> cards and displaying a picture of said preference after a card is
> scanned. The invention, Big Blue explains, eliminates the 'unnecessary
> inconvenience for both the customer and the cashier' that results when
> 'Paper or Plastic?' must be asked. The patent claims also cover
> affixing a cute sticker of a paper or plastic bag to a customer card
> to indicate packaging preferences.     AWARDED TO MICROSOFT! United
> States Patent 7,415,666
> Sellers ,   et al.August 19, 2008
> Method and system for navigating paginated content in page-based
> increments
>
> AbstractA method and system in a document viewer for scrolling a
> substantially exact increment in a document, such as one page,
> regardless of whether the zoom is such that some, all or one page is
> currently being viewed. In one implementation, pressing a Page Down or
> Page Up keyboard key/button allows a user to begin at any starting
> vertical location within a page, and navigate to that same location on
> the next or previous page. For example, if a user is viewing a page
> starting in a viewing area from the middle of that page and ending at
> the bottom, a Page Down command will cause the next page to be shown
> in the viewing area starting at the middle of the next page and ending
> at the bottom of the next page. Similar behavior occurs when there is
> more than one column of pages being displayed in a row.
>
> --
>

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~George
> Sadowsky          george.sadowsky at gmail.com2182 Birch Way
> george.sadowsky at attglobal.netWoodstock, VT  05091-8155
> http://www.georgesadowsky.org/tel: +1.802.457.3370    GSM mobile:
> +1.202.415.1933Voice mail & fax: +1.203.547.6020       Grand Central:
> +1.202.370.7734 SKYPE: sadowsky

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com