[governance] Rights in IG research

jlfullsack jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr
Thu Aug 21 03:42:24 EDT 2008

Dear Parminder

Once more I'm pleased to tell you I couldn't agree more with your statements
and comments, this time about Right to Development.
Just two additionnal suggestions :

Right to Development should also apply to the ITU, since one of it's main
(and in my view the most important) organ is precisely the Telecommunication
Development Bureau (ITU-D). Il this regard there is a lot to do and some
"cultural revolution" to undertake in this venerable house. Just remember
the WSIS commitment in developing ITC resources in DCs through its Action
Plan, where the ITU takes a leading role as a coordinator for the Action
lines concerned.

Second, Right to Development should be introduced in WSIS follow-up process
as a substancial part of Ethics and be dealt with accordingly to its
importance, not only in Action line C10.

I do agree that these aspects are not directly linked to IGF activities, but
as far as "governance" is concerned RtD is to be included.

Friendliest regards
Jean-Louis Fullsack
CSDPTT-France