SV: SV: [governance] ISO standards

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Thu Aug 14 05:35:42 EDT 2008

In message <3DF8101092666E4A9020D949E419EB6F027C8B21 at ensms02.iris.se>,
at 08:41:04 on Thu, 14 Aug 2008, Kicki Nordström
<kicki.nordstrom at srfriks.org> writes
>Well, most of my cards are also embossed, it is not that side I meant,
>I mean you must know in which end you need to put in your card!

I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill. All the cards I
have are embossed only on the *bottom* half, so it's easy to tell which
way round the card is. However, what people have told me off-list is
that I'm not the only person who sometimes has trouble knowing which
side of the card the reader wants.

It's probably the "left" side most of the time, as that's where the
"Chip" is on more modern cards.
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org