SV: [governance] ISO standards

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Wed Aug 13 09:29:12 EDT 2008

In message <3DF8101092666E4A9020D949E419EB6F027C875C at ensms02.iris.se>,
at 09:59:12 on Wed, 13 Aug 2008, Kicki Nordström
<kicki.nordstrom at srfriks.org> writes
>Right now the World Blind Union have proposed that credit cards should
>be standardised in a way that blind people could differ the sides of
>them and then be able to independent use them in ATM-machines etc

Over the last 30 years I've had dozens of credit card accounts, and only
one actual card that didn't have embossed digits on it.

In fact, the embossing was required by the earlier "carbon paper" credit
card forms, in order for a merchant to take the card details quickly,
and the non-embossed card I have was deliberately different because it's
for a strange account that you can't use in retail.
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org