[governance] Proposed contribution for the Hyderabad programme

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Mon Aug 11 21:20:30 EDT 2008

Carlos and all,

  Maybe a good idea, maybe not.  Whom are these "Experts"
and what qualifies them as such?  Secondly, what weight would
such a "Expert" review vs a participants forum have?

Carlos Afonso wrote:

> Milton, what about both? I mean, a review which would involve an
> "expert" consulting group *and* a broad consultation with the Forum
> participants?
>
> Luckily, the "expert" group retained by the secretariat could be
> neutral, independent, well qualified, holistic etc etc. Probably, it
> will be none of these, but it is interesting to balance this "expert"
> view with a consultation (which will need analysis, consolidation etc as
> well).
>
> frt rgds
>
> --c.a.
>
> Milton L Mueller wrote:
> > I support this letter, but believe pretty strongly that the sentence
> > about the review of IGF needs to be reworded thusly.
> >
> > Old language:
> >> it is important that a review and evaluation of the IGF
> >> begins promptly.
> >
> > Proposed change:
> >
> > It is important that a review involving formal consultation with IGF
> > participants begins promptly.
> >
> > Hope my motivation is clear: do you want a "review and evaluation" by
> > some hack consulting group or do you want a "formal consultation" with
> > the people who actually constitute (or should constitute) the Forum?
> >
> > Milton Mueller
> > Professor, Syracuse University School of Information Studies
> > XS4All Professor, Delft University of Technology
> > ------------------------------
> > Internet Governance Project:
> > http://internetgovernance.org

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com