SV: [governance] Why standards from ISO are not freely available?

Kicki Nordström kicki.nordstrom at srfriks.org
Tue Aug 12 11:43:12 EDT 2008

Dear Atanu Garai

This is a very good question! I also wonder why ISO do not take into account all proposals coming from the disability movement asking for accessible standards so as all technology can be used by ALL persons without restrictions and complications! I have in my mind,  so many examples on what could be done by standardisations so as special adjustments or adaptations would not be needed. There are also numerous documents written by the disability movement on "design  for all" or Universal Design".

It is because this ignorance persons with disabilities are still marginalised and excluded - but we do exist!

Yours
Kicki

Kicki Nordström
Synskadades Riksförbund (SRF)