[governance] Why standards from ISO are not freely available?

Jeremy Shtern jeremy.shtern at umontreal.ca
Mon Aug 11 17:43:30 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

A colleague asked me a standards question that I thought maybe somebody
on the list might have the answer to: is MP3 an open standard or not?

Feel free to email me on or off-list if you have some ideas and thanks
in advance.

Cheers,

Jeremy Shtern

Jeremy Shtern

Researcher: the media at McGill unit for critical communication studies

&

PhD candidate (ABD): Université de Montréal, département de communication

jeremy.shtern at umontreal.ca

     governance at lists.cpsr.org