[governance] USG on ICANN - no movement here

Karl Auerbach karl at cavebear.com
Mon Aug 11 16:44:30 EDT 2008

Avri Doria wrote:

> my question is, will dnssec on the root, lock all roots into lockstep?

That is my question as well.

(By-the-way, I did have a good conversation with Patrick Falstrom and
others whilst at ICANN in Paris about how fast a DNSSEC signed zone can
come back up in the situation where a server crashes and loses its
in-memory state.  The answers were good - that with good operational
practices for pre-signed text zone files the time to come back can be
about as fast as an unsigned zone.  For database based name servers
there is a bit more required but it can be fast as well.  I don't
remember all the details, only the conclusion.  It would be nice if we
could induce Patrick and others to write a note about this and thus lay
my concern to permanent rest.)

		--karl--

     governance at lists.cpsr.org