[governance] Amended list of MAG Nominess

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Wed Apr 30 20:28:21 EDT 2008

Dear Ian, Robert and all involved with the NomCom work,

I would like to share my appreciation for the great work of you guys,
not only because I was selected as one nominee, but because you had
done your best to carry out very difficult tasks for the entire
benefit of our caucus.

I hope we now can proceed to the next level of task forward with the
same level of energy and passion.

best,

izumi

2008/5/1 Ian Peter <ian.peter at ianpeter.com>:

> Folks,
>

> You will have now received news of Robert Guerra's resignation as 2008
> NomCom Chair because of his time availability in recent weeks and the
> foreseeable future. During the time he was available, Robert did a
> tremendous job in setting up Wikis, arranging meetings, dealing with issues,
> and carrying the business of the NomCom forward. We should all be thankful.
> And I for one wish circumstances had allowed us to continue through to the
> end under his leadership. I feel a little like stepping into a mine field
> taking on this task at this stage and only do so because completion is
> necessary.
>

> Robert's involvement got us to the point of publication of a slate of
> candidates, after which Robert (as preannounced to us) needed to devote time
> to other activities. However, due to this the publication was rushed and a
> processing error occurred as regards status of one nominee. A member of the
> NomCom immediately informed the Co-ordinators and asked that sending the
> list to MAG Secretariat be delayed until the issue was clarified.
>

> The Co-ordinators honoured that request to give time for the NomCom to
> finalise its recommendations. However, a week has elapsed since then and
> Robert has, due to previous engagements, been out of contact. In the
> circumstances, and because writing the report and gaining consensus on its
> format is also a considerable task yet to be undertaken, Robert felt it was
> in everyone's best interest that he resign as Chair, but thankfully has
> agreed to participate in reviewing the report and finalizing our business.
>

> In the circumstances, and after some discussion among NomCom members in the
> intervening period, I can now announce that the name of Carlos Affonso
> Pereira de Souza should be included on the list. The final slate is as
> follows and can now be forwarded to MAG Secretariat. Please note that the
> order of candidates in each region is alphabetical and indicates no
> particular preference.
>

> For those less familiar with the process, this is a list which will be
> considered by the MAG Secretariat along with other inputs. We cannot
> determine who the members finally chosen will be, we can only recommend.
>

> Africa
>

> Dawit Bekele (since withdrawn)
>
> Ken Lohento
>
> Natasha Primo
>

> Asia
>

> Izumi Aizu
>
> Iffat Rose Gill
>
> Y. J. Park
>
> Adam Peake
>

> Europe
>

> Vittorio Bertola
>
> William Drake
>
> Jeanette Hofmann
>

> LAC
>

> Valeria Betancourt
>
> Carlos Affonso Pereira de Souza
>
> Graciela Selaimen
>

> North America
>
> Robin Gross

> [...]

 Institute for HyperNetwork Society, Oita
 Kumon Center, Tama University, Tokyo
 Japan
 * * * * *
 << Writing the Future of the History >>