[governance] Stepping down as IGC 08 Nomcom chair.

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Wed Apr 30 11:07:25 EDT 2008

Hi,

I do not suggest waiting another month.  The secretariat did let
people know in February that towards the end of April would be a good
target date.  I don't know when the official announcement will come
out, and I do not yet know how long an interval the secretariat will
allow for nominations, but I do know that if there is a hope of having
a new MAG in plenty of time for the September meeting which means
having answers by the end of July if possible for travel arrangements
and the like, the names will have to be in relatively soon.

That is the reason the advance warning was given in February.  Ie. so
that everyone would have time for their procedures.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org