[governance] IGF workshops (transboundary Internet)

Meryem Marzouki marzouki at ras.eu.org
Tue Apr 29 08:11:18 EDT 2008

Le 29 avr. 08 à 01:47, Meryem Marzouki a écrit :

> Le 28 avr. 08 à 18:21, Parminder a écrit :
>>
>> Please find enclosed the full text of four workshop proposals,
>> that IGC
>> proposes to sponsor at the IGF, Hyderabad.
>>
>> 1. The Transboundary Internet: Jurisdiction, Control and Sovereignty
>
> I obviously support this one as an IGC workshop, since I'm in the
> working group preparing it. It's more than time for this essential
> IG issue to be put on IGF table.

I've just received and excellent news that I wanted to share with the
caucus: the Council of Europe agrees on co-sponsoring this IGC
workshop, and Ms. Maud de Boer- Buquicchio, Deputy Secretary General,
confirms that she will be one of this speakers. I'm going to update
accordingly the proposal, so that it could be sent by Parminder, if
no opposition expressed by end of the day.

Best,
Meryem

     governance at lists.cpsr.org