[governance] IGF workshops

Michael Gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 20:16:02 EDT 2008

With all repect, at this point two days before the deadline and after (for
example the Rights Workshop) discussion has gone on for a couple of weeks
with several invitations to involvment it is really beside the point to
present substantive issues. Nothing useful can be done about with these
comments at this this point without re-opening sometimes fairly complex
consensus (satisficing) processes.

I would have thought that the only useful contributions at this stage would
be strategic i.e. whether or how to package the proposal from the
perspective of getting it accepted...

Looking forward the substantive issues presumably will (or should) be
covered first in the selection of WS participants and then in the discussion
itself.

MG