[governance] IGF workshops

Meryem Marzouki marzouki at ras.eu.org
Mon Apr 28 18:56:56 EDT 2008

Le 29 avr. 08 à 00:26, Milton L Mueller a écrit :

> From: William Drake [mailto:william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch]
> Is the idea that the IGC would be submitting only responses to the
> questions that are supposed to be answered by 30 April, # 1, 2, 4
> and 9?  Of are you thinking of plugging in all the material now at
> hand for all nine, irrespective of what state it’s in and whether
> it’s ready for prime time?
>
> I am assuming that we the organizers submit it ourselves, and that
> we only reply to questions 1,2,4 and 9 by the April 30 deadline. --MM

What do you mean by "we the organizers"? The workshops have co-
sponsors (i.e. co-organizers), among them the IGC, which is co-
sponsoring the 4 workshops proposal.
So, shall we identify a main organizer, who would submit the proposal?
If so, then it seems that IGC is the main organizer of 3 out of the 4
workshops (transboundary, rights agenda, IGF role and mandate) and
would submit them subject to consensus reaching, while IGP is the
main organizer of the "internationalization" workshop, will submit
it, mentioning IGC co-sponsorship.
This would mean that actually IGC is making 3 workshop proposals as
main organizers, not 4, and is co-sponsoring 1 as for now.

Do we all share this understanding?

On the submission format, I don't see any reason why we shouldn't
answer more questions than #1, 2, 4 and 9, if answers are ready for a
given proposal. The more close to final a submission is, the more
chances we have to see it selected. I agree that we should clean the
submissions from ongoing process comments.

Meryem

     governance at lists.cpsr.org