[governance] IGC nomcom process and results

Meryem Marzouki marzouki at ras.eu.org
Fri Apr 25 13:08:07 EDT 2008

The link is provided in the charter (which itself is at: http://
www.igcaucus.org/IGC-charter_final-061014.html). That's were I've
found it.

But on the main issue, it's neither a detective work, nor a willing
to criticize this nomcom work, as I've made it clear myself even
before you post your message on releasing or not names. It's about
respecting our agreed processes (although I'm still looking for what
the sentence means exactly, since this is determinant on whether the
names and applications MUST be released or COULD be released).

Now if you're asking for my own position in our current situation,
here it is: since the process has not been made clear in advance,
neither to the candidates, nor to the nomcom members themselves - and
this is our collective fault - then I can only repeat what I already
said, for what it's worth: "In such conditions, I understand that,
most probably, the nomcom felt reluctant on forwarding nominations
(with names and private details), when nominees were not informed on
such possibility in advance."

The best would be to restart the process (with same nomcom), with
prior announcement of the nominees. I don't remember what is the
deadline for MAG candidates selection. Thus I'm not sure we have time
to restart the process or to appeal its decision, on a procedural
matter basis (I'm not even sure a nomcom decision can be appealed,
actually). Again, we should be better organized..

Meryem

     governance at lists.cpsr.org