[governance] Workshop Proposal: Transboundary Internet

Meryem Marzouki marzouki at ras.eu.org
Fri Apr 25 04:42:11 EDT 2008

Le 25 avr. 08 à 08:27, Bret Fausett a écrit :

> All, below is a draft workshop proposal that Meryem Marzouki,
> William Drake, Ian Peter, Parminder Singh and I have been working
> on. We plan to submit it by the deadline, but would like your input
> and suggestions, on all aspects.

Thanks Bret for forwarding on our behalf the draft proposal to the
IGC list. I'd like to add some info on current status:

- The Council of Europe has been invited both as a co-sponsor and as
a speaker (its Deputy Secretary general). We're still waiting for
their answer (they know about the 30 April deadline). We consider
that there are good chances for a positive answer, but who knows..
- KEI/CPTech has also been invited as co-sponsor and speaker (Manon
Ress or Jamie Love, choice left to them): KEI/CPTech already
confirmed co-sponsorship and Jamie's participation as speaker
- The workshop format would feature no more than 6 speakers + 1 chair
+ 1 rapporteur (or 7 speakers + 1 chair), i.e.  maximum 8 persons all
in all
- We currently are trying to increase the regional diversity of the
workshop, thus we would very much like suggestions to this end.
- While we're probably fine with current co-sponsorship at this step
(summary only to be submitted before the 30 April deadline), we would
obviously welcome before this deadline co-sponsorship from additional
organizations/constituencies, since this obviously shows early
interest in having a workshop on this topic held at IGF.

Best,
Meryem

     governance at lists.cpsr.org