[governance] IGF-Is Peering a Net Neutrality Issue?

Alejandro Pisanty apisan at servidor.unam.mx
Mon Apr 21 00:26:49 EDT 2008

Tim,

one thing is for sure: governments in Tunis made well sure that they
collectively stay away from day-to-day matters of the Internet. These are
best left to knowledgeable people to operate.

The one government representative present in the PrepComs and writing in
this list is long-time friend Michael Leibrandt. He may be one of the best
sources as to what was meant by "a new model of which everyone is afraid
because it is innovative", in the PrepComs, and "enhanced cooperation",
meant most acutely as the US working more in consort with the EU and a few
other governments, by the very late hour in which Ambassador Khan's calls
for greatness of heart finally had the effect of causing agreement on the
Tunis text.

Yours,

Alejandro Pisanty

      Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
UNAM, Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

*Mi blog/My blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
*LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/pisanty
*Unete al grupo UNAM en LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614

---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, www.isoc.org