[governance] [DEADLINE] Call for Nominations - Internet Governance Caucus/Multi-Stake Holder Advisory Group (MAG).

Robert Guerra lists at privaterra.info
Sun Apr 13 13:34:18 EDT 2008

Dear IGC  colleagues:

I'd like to remind all of you that the deadline is TODAY to be
considered by the  Internet Governance Caucus nominating committee as
a candidate to the IGF multi-stakeholder advisory committee.

As chair of the IGC nominating committee, I would like to encourage
those who are active on this list to apply on or before end of day
today (April 13th).  A good pool of candidates, one that is
regionally, gender and linguistically balanced - in my view would be
of great help for the nom-com.

I encourage participants on this list  to apply !

Details on the call that was issued on April 7th can be found below.

regards

Robert Guerra
IGF 08 Nomcom Chair

-----

http://lists.cpsr.org/lists/arc/governance/2008-04/msg00089.html

The Internet Governance Caucus (IGC), 2008 Nominating Committee is
issuing a call for nominations for choosing Internet Governance Caucus
(IGC) recommendations for the IGF Multi-Stake Holder Advisory Group
(MAG).

-----

DEADLINE for submissions is:  April 13th - 23:59 Geneva Time
Where to send nominations - nomcom08 at lists.privaterra.org

------

Please submit nominations – including self-nominations – for choosing
Internet Governance Caucus (IGC) recommendations for the IGF Multi-
Stake Holder Advisory Group (MAG).

The recommended persons may or may not be IGC members. However, they
should have a civil society identity, and broadly be in alignment with
positions given in our charter, and as adopted by the caucus at
different times.

    1. In nominating someone else please obtain the person’s consent
to be on the MAG if selected, and to seek IGC’s endorsement for her
candidature.

    2. Each nomination should come with a brief bio. It should mention
with some clarity the activities and/ or positions taken by the person
in the IG and information society arena.

    3. Please also include a brief write up of why the nominated
person will be a good Civil Society (CS)/ IGC representative on the MAG.

    4. Those who are already on the MAG may also briefly mention about
how they carried out their responsibilities in the last two terms, in
advocating and pushing the wider CS positions, and IGC’s positions.
Their level and manner of engagement with the IGC, and the wider CS
constituencies, may also be mentioned.

Nominations should also include an assurance that if selected for the
MAG one will keep up a strong engagement with CS constituencies,
including and especially the IGC. One will both keep CS constituencies
and the IGC informed about the MAG proceedings and related matters, as
well as present/ push their positions in the MAG.

Anyone can nominate, including members of the nomcom. Self nominations
are invited

At a minimum, all nominations and self nominations should consist of
the following:

1. Name

2. Name of nominator (or self)

3. Nationality

4. Country of Residence

5. Gender

6. Short Bio relevant to IG

7. What specific skills or experiences do you have that make you a
good candidate for the MAG

Send nominations to the following email address - nomcom08 at lists.privaterra.org

IMPORTANT DATES

Nomcom starts, and nomination for MAG opens-  April 6th, 2008

Nomination close -  April 13th, 2008

Nomcom confers between 13th and 16th, 2008

Nomcom announces names of IGC nominees for MAG - April 17th, 2008____________________________________________________________
     governance at lists.cpsr.org