[governance] Organizing our work

Meryem Marzouki marzouki at ras.eu.org
Sun Apr 13 07:20:34 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Début du message réexpédié :

> From: William Drake <william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch>
> To: "Singh, Parminder" <parminder at itforchange.net>, Governance
> <governance at lists.cpsr.org>
> Subject: Re: [governance] Where are we with IGC workshops?
> Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 12:32:03 +0200

> There are too many conversations going on simultaneously to spend
> much juice on any one of them
[...]

Let's please change the subjects of our messages to ease these many
ongoing conversations.

[...]

> Unless I am mistaken, we now have on the table:
>
> *The nomcom thing, and if memory serves, nominations are due by
> today, and we have one, Adam’s self-nomination.

==> Nomcom in charge, will report to IGC

> *Enhanced cooperation and responding to Sha.

==> Parminder in charge of drafting, with comments by IGC

> *Narrowing the range of workshop ideas to a consensually supported
> and operationally viable set, getting groups organized around
> these, then drafting texts and identifying potential speakers and
> cosponsors, vetting through the list, then nailing them down.

==> So, let's go for this: enough general discussion, let's start
implementation.
- IGC could be main convenor or 2-3 workshops ("IGF past, present and
future", "CIR/internationalization", "IG and jurisdictions"): working
groups to prepare them and then get back to IGC for comments/
approval. We already have one formed on "IG and jurisdictions".
- IGC could co-sponsor of others ("co-existence of different spaces",
etc.): these workshops to be prepared by their main convenors, if any.

> *Any interventions IGC might want to make at the May consultation.

==> Parminder should start discussion on this

> Suggest we need some structured processes here.

Old recipes always help: relevant subject line + some taylorism to
divide work:)

Best,
Meryem

     governance at lists.cpsr.org