april fool jokes or real ? [governance] ICANN to shut down internet

Nyangkwe Agien Aaron nyangkweagien at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 10:53:59 EDT 2008

Avri wrote: "does every culture celebrate 1 april with practical jokes?"
Certainly, this is a funny hobby here in Cameroon.
You know what? I arrived the office and my boss told me that the former
Minister of Finance of my country (currently undergoing Police
interrogations for alleged malfeasance) committed suicide at night. And the
source for the information was that some one "highly placed" called my boss
from Yaounde where the police questioning is taking place.
I followed the news in the morning and no such thing was reported. I told
myself that may be such exclusive information might have not reached
local media organs. And for over three hours, surfed through the web sites
of news organs in the world that I know and none could, say, announce the
information.
My interest in such a story, you could ask? I wanted to know how a former
authority could commit suicide at the Police premises and with what means.
Frustrated that no media organ was confirming the information nor that I am
yet to understand the circumstances of such an act, I moved up to my boss,
wearing a dejected look, to complain that no media organ was yet to confirm
the info, only to be told "Aaron, April fool".
That is it about April fool here,

Aaron

On 4/3/08, Avri Doria <avri at psg.com> wrote:

> On 3 Apr 2008, at 09:30, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
>

> > http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5241.txt (IETF will now sells the
> > rights to protocol fields to raise money)
> >

> ouch.
>
> the problem with most ad-absurdum is that is bears too much resemblance to
> reality.
>
> a.

Aaron Agien Nyangkwe
Journalist/Outcome Mapper
Special Assistant To The President
Coach of ASAFE Camaroes Street Football Team.
ASAFE
P.O.Box 5213
Douala-Cameroon
Tel. 237 3337 50 22