[governance] ICANN to shut down internet for one hour

linda misek-falkoff ldmisekfalkoff at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 15:41:11 EDT 2008

Thank you Stephane for sharing this information.  Here, I was travelling at
the time and did not notice if those in transit at "the moment" felt the
gap.  So this is indeed news, and interesting even after the fact to learn
that this decision could be made, and carried out, and by specific agencies
and instrumentalities, and all that (that) implies.  Is there an estimate of
how many communications paused? Perhaps there is or will be discussion of
the import, and the process.

With best wishes, LDMF.

Dr. Linda D. Misek-Falkoff
*Respectful Interfaces*
Individual e-post.
For I.D. only: Communications Coordination Committee for the United Nations
(CCC/UN) [ Civsci NGO].
Other Affiliations on Request.

Brief Summary Vita/Resume: (to be provided by Internet Link).
General Interest Link of the Week:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aRjexWycjao
(03/14/08 The Day Before The NYC Crane Collapse Accident).