SV: [governance] space on Nov.11th

William Drake drake at hei.unige.ch
Thu Sep 27 05:07:28 EDT 2007

On 9/26/07 1:10 PM, "Parminder" <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:

> But wouldn't 11th 5 or 530 PM be ideal, when we have more time and space. We
> can try to make pre IGF afternoon/ evening as a regular IGC annual meeting
> to catch the maximum possible numbers - without the hustle and bustle of an
> ongoing IGF.

I doubt that Giga will conclude its business meeting in just 75 minutes by
5pm, there will be a lot of agenda items to cover, and last year's session
with fewer items took longer than that.  Plus some people may need a wee
break before heading off for another two hour session.  So I would suggest
either a) starting at 5:30 and expecting a number of us to show up late, or
b) starting at 6.  Either way, it's good that Carlos has booked a separate
room for this, will avoid excess complications.

On 9/25/07 3:52 PM, "Carlos Afonso" <ca at rits.org.br> wrote:

> I hope the Giganet (soon to become Teranet and then Exanet :)) people
> understand the only reason we are trying to do this on the 11th is that
> most people will be arriving between the 10th and the 11th, not earlier,
> and the only day available would be the 11th.

Of course, and we're going to have to deal with this at every IGF going
forward.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org