[governance] FYI

Carlos Afonso ca at rits.org.br
Tue Sep 25 15:24:42 EDT 2007

The organizations listed seem to indicate otherwise, although there is a
strong Italian presence:

Ministry for Innovation in Public Administration, Government of Italy
Ministry of Culture, Government of Brazil
IP Justice, United States
Società Internet (ISOC Italy), Italy
Centre for Technology and Society, Fundação Getulio Vargas, Brazil
Free Software Foundation Europe
Committee for a Democratic United Nations, Germany
Institute of International Law, University of Graz, Austria
Net Dialogue Project, Universities of Harvard and Stanford, United States

The concrete outcome, if any, will probably not be *the* bill of rights,
but a series of propositions regarding human rights and the Internet --
or so I gather from the overall feeling of the Brazilian participants.

--c.a.

Robert Guerra wrote:
> Wolfgang:
>
> To be honest, i'm a bit pessamistic about the bill of rights proposal.
> It was presented at WSIS/Tunis, at the IGF last year - but, not really
> caught on outside of a small IGF community.
>
> I'm a couple of dozen of human rights and legal lists, and there is no
> mention of the proposal.
>
> I really hate to say this - but, from my perspective it just looks like
> an Italian project with little or no support from the international
> legal and/or human rights community.
>
> That being said,  I hope i'm wrong and the initiative has grown since
> last igf. I look forward for further details..
>

> regards,
>
> Robert
> ---
> Robert Guerra <rguerra at privaterra.ca>
> Managing Director, Privaterra
> Tel +1 416 893 0377
>

> On 25-Sep-07, at 4:39 PM, Kleinwächter, Wolfgang wrote:
>
>> http://opensocialweb.org/2007/09/05/bill-of-rights/

Carlos A. Afonso
Rio       Brasil
Projeto Sacix - Apoio técnico a iniciativas de inclusão digital
com software livre, mantido pela Rits em colaboração com o
Coletivo Digital. Para mais informações:
www.sacix.org.br   www.rits.org.br   www.coletivodigital.org.br

     governance at lists.cpsr.org