[governance] ACCESS TO ICT/ INTERNET

Taran Rampersad cnd at knowprose.com
Thu Sep 20 00:07:35 EDT 2007

I believe all of this, and I have been called a 'digital divide
activist' on occasions - but the issue is really about connecting
people. I've found that when writing about the many things that are
wrapped in the flag of 'Digital Divide', it is better to speak to the
particulars instead of addressing all the meanings.

Internet access, or lack thereof, is still internet access. Access to
broadband is also an issue, and so forth.

Digital Solidarity is like Digital Empowerment or Digital Democracy
or... whatever. Digital is overused, the small 'e' in front of commerce
and government does nothing, etc. Dressing up the meat of the issue is
good, but when you drown the meat in condiments do not be surprised if
the palate only tastes the condiments. :-)

--
Taran Rampersad

http://www.knowprose.com
http://www.your2ndplace.com

'Making Your Mark in Second Life: Business, Land, and Money'
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596514174/

Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/knowprose/

"Criticize by creating." — Michelangelo
"The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine." - Nikola Tesla

     governance at lists.cpsr.org