[governance] Re : New WSIS Civil Society Working Group on Information Networks Governance

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Fri Sep 14 04:03:34 EDT 2007

Avri Doria ha scritto:
>> You and Louis seem to be hinting rather strongly that a few of us are
>> in the pay of some government, business or the "domain name milk
>> cow".  It's a little insulting. But typical.
>
> it is not only being in the employ of one of these organizations that
> disqualifies someone for membership.
> even being a volunteer in an internet based organization like, IETF,
> ICANN, ARIN etc., is enough, as i understand it.
> though if one is only a member of ISOC, that may be ok, as I understand
> it.

Well, a couple of months ago one of the current ALAC members opened a
thread denouncing that ISOC could be taking over the At Large, and so
suggesting that further applications for At Large participation by ISOC
chapters should be considered with special care. Of course almost
everyone else disagreed, but I suspect that being a member of the
"Internet community" could become an automatical disqualification for
participation in ICANN's user constituencies as well.
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------
     governance at lists.cpsr.org