[governance] RE: [WSIS CS-Plenary] TR: Suggested Guidelines forNominationsCommittee - Renewal of GAID Steering Committee

CONGO WSIS - Philippe Dam wsis at ngocongo.org
Mon Sep 10 07:34:28 EDT 2007

Dear all,

Thank you Parminder and others for raising this issue.

Further to my previous e-mail on the renewal of the Steering Committee
membership, all CS members of GAID Strategy Council and Panel of Advisors
were contacted and very little feedback was received. We have therefore been
unsuccessful in leading a CS self nomination process fir the Steering
Committee membership.

There is a large agreement on this list that the Strategy Council membership
renewal should give way to a wider CS self nomination process.

The NomCom methodology used the last time in May 2006 can be used as a basis
again here (fyi, the May 2006 process was described at
http://www.ngocongo.org/index.php?what=pag
<http://www.ngocongo.org/index.php?what=pag&id=10220> &id=10220).

Let me remind the deadlines for the Strategy Council renewal:

GAID Strategy Council

Deadline for outgoing members to express their interest in a renewal of
their terms

Deadline for new nominations for membership

Date of the GAID structure with its renewed membership

May 2008

Kuala Lumpur

We therefore have two and a half months ahead of us. To secure transparency
and inclusiveness, the process of identifying a Nominations Committee and a
call for candidates to the Strategy Council should be ready to start as of
1st October (at that time we would have more information on which out-going
members are willing to stay and which CS seats will have to be renewed).

Best,

Philippe

  _____