[governance] Re: what is it that threatens the Internet community or 'who is afraid of the IGF'

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Fri Sep 7 05:26:50 EDT 2007

hi,

my guess for the reason cIr is different from the 4 themes from
Athens is that the 4 themes from Athens already had their
introductory sessions to bring out information and opinion.  and it
is as a result of those sessions that the list of more specific
issues was created.

i think the sessions may be exactly the place where what everyone is
afraid of on all sides of the issue, if anyone is really afraid, will
be able to be brought out.  or at least the session plus the
workshops certainly offers the opportunity to really get the topics
people on all sides want to get out.

one of the things that really confuses me in the discussion is why
people so often choose to ascribe the worst possible motives to those
they disagree with.  there are vast differences of opinion with all
sorts of justified concerns on all sides of the messy issues.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org