[governance] Bulgarian all-Cyrillic IDN - Re: Russia plans to create independent web / internet

David Allen David_Allen_AB63 at post.harvard.edu
Thu Oct 25 13:44:13 EDT 2007

Regarding the below - just posted, here quoting excerpts from novinite.com:

"Bulgaria's Uninet Starts Selling Domains in Cyrillic"

"Internet users in Bulgaria can now experiment with their name in their language on their Internet after the launch of the sale of domain names in Cyrillic.
"The first domains on sale will be the .bg, .info and .ime zones, written in Bulgarian. The users can buy domains in these zones by the members and the registrars of Uninet. Every Internet provider can become a registrar of Uninet on several simple conditions.

"The first Internet provider, which became a registrar of domains written in Bulgarian alphabet in Cyrillic, is BG8. ..."

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=86755

notices in Bulgarian:

http://technews.bg/info.php?id=5739
http://4press.idg.bg/?call=USE~press;&action=item&id=1715

Yet another shoe dropping, into the new architecture.

David

     governance at lists.cpsr.org