[governance] Re: Comcast Blocks Some Internet Traffic

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Thu Oct 25 09:11:13 EDT 2007

Right, so the "crime" is anticompetitive behavior, not QoS or bandwidth management per se. The problem with a lot of the looser NN talk is that it confuses a desirable policy outcome (open, neutral access) with a fixed technical mechanism for handling packets. We may want to tell carriers they cannot engage in activities that block or degrade independent digital goods and service providers. We do not want to tell them that they must always handle all packets in exactly the same way.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org