[governance] ICANN Strategic Plan Draft is posted in 6 languages

Dan Krimm dan at musicunbound.com
Tue Oct 23 18:39:46 EDT 2007

At 6:02 PM -0400 10/23/07, Avri Doria wrote:
>On 23 okt 2007, at 17.37, Dan Krimm wrote:
>
>> Can you point to the steps in the
>>
>>right direction that you see here?
>>

>it isn't just in English?

Ah, I see, yes, that's good that more people can read it for themselves in
their native (or other primary) languages, and if they are paying attention
to what they read, they may see that nothing here is well-defined in terms
of benchmarks or standards for success or failure.

I hope they will speak up when they discover this.  The more the merrier.

And, hmm, how again do they direct their comments so that those in charge
will pay attention to them?  I wonder if Kieren has help translating public
comments from all those languages so that ICANN's management and board will
see them, or at least some useful codification of them.

I see one-way broadcast slightly improved here.  Is there a back-channel
that works too, on this 2-way interactive Internet?  That depends of course
on the back-end processing (both technological and human-powered
organizational structures) after the Internet has done its part
transmitting data reliably from one edge node to another.

Dumb pipes, smart edges.  One can dream.

Dan
     governance at lists.cpsr.org