[governance] Perhaps the larger issue is that of Privacy policies related to IGF ..

Robert Guerra lists at privaterra.info
Tue Oct 23 08:54:29 EDT 2007

Perhaps the larger issue is that of Privacy policies and/or best
practices related to the IGF itself...

There was an earlier thread about perhaps including an option in the
registration where those attending can opt-in (or out) of having
their - personal - information published online . Now there's we have
an issue of an IGF related site that chooses to place user's data at
risk without even consulting them.

If the IGF is about brining people together and developing best
practices, then might I make the recommendation that CS and other
stake-holders insist that all websites related to the IGF (be they
official and/or unofficial) have 1. a clear privacy policy and 2.
mechanisms for users to make the choice if indeed they want their
information shared and/or traded with outside parties (ie. opt in).

regards,

Robert
---
Robert Guerra <rguerra at privaterra.ca>