[governance] something to think about for Rio

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Tue Oct 23 06:21:26 EDT 2007

Veni Markovski <veni at veni.com> wrote:

> http://blog.veni.com/?p=342
>
> Read carefully Commissioner Kroes statement.
> This seems far more important than a number of issues we are discussing here.

Alas Microsoft has essentially succeeded in pulling the Commissioner
over the table in the settlement negotiations, by getting him to
support Microsoft's strategy for essentially killing by means of
patents the emerging GPL-based business ecosystem which is Microsoft's
only serious threat of competition.

http://press.ffii.org/Press_releases/EU_tells_open_source_to_start_paying_MS_patent_tax

Greetings,
Norbert.