[governance] Re: Identity systems and privacy (was Re: New IGF community site)

Ralf Bendrath bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Mon Oct 22 19:38:17 EDT 2007

Stephane Bortzmeyer schrieb:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 09:13:28AM +0200,

>> I would suggest that this Caucus should adop the position that only
>> this kind of approach to automated or semi-automated identity
>> management is acceptable.
>
> It seems much too premature, since I do not think that many people here
> worked on the identity problem yet.
There are quite a few, in fact, even among us here. We aleady had a
well-attended workshop on Internet ID management at IGF 2006 and will have
another one in Rio. Mary Rundle and myself have organized it, building on
the work of the dynamic coalition on privacy.

Norbert is generally right in that the IGC has always supported most
privacy-friendly positions. We might need a bit more discussion for more
specific positions, but the direction should be clear.

Best, Ralf
     governance at lists.cpsr.org