[governance] Re: Russia plans to create independent web / internet

veni markovski veni at veni.com
Fri Oct 12 15:37:45 EDT 2007

David,
this is one time when it is worth beleving what you see... AFTER you
check the facts.
What you have attached is not an authoritative translation of Mr.
Putin's words, but of the article which was published earlier on this
mailing list. Sources are supplied in the article itself - "in
miltary uniform", to use the exact phrase. Your "authoritative"
translation (and I say "yours", because I see you've edited the doc
file) says on that same line "governmental source".

Hope this little clarification makes things more clear. Perhaps, if
you visit the blog entry I wrote at http://blog.icann.org/?p=173 you
may see the connection to Mr. Putin's words there. And then, make the
translation again. As you will see, unlike your source of a
newspaper, we are using the Kremlin's site - I think more relevant
source.
http://kremlin.ru/appears/2007/07/25/1945_type63378_138519.shtml and
http://kremlin.ru/text/docs/2007/07/138695.shtml

best,