Privacy was Re: [governance] Who will be in Rio?

Guru@ITfC guru at itforchange.net
Mon Oct 8 23:38:52 EDT 2007

'Any disclosure is a privacy breach' - is this the position in all of
Europe? Would sharing the information on the program at Rio (with names of
panelists/speakers) be a privacy violation unless the speakers have
explicitly consented to such info being shared? That would seem untenable.

As Seiti pointed out, a balancing act between disclosure (which is sometimes
another facet of transparency) and breach of 'privacy' may be more apt to a
public space as IGF. For e.g., would a sharing of the list of registered
participants (sharing their contact info is a separate issue) be useful to
participants to plan any common meetings/discussions to further their common
agendas at Rio?

Guru