Privacy was Re: [governance] Who will be in Rio?

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Mon Oct 8 10:49:59 EDT 2007

Seiiti Arata ha scritto:
> Hi Robert, should we consider IGF as a public event and thus the listing
> disclosure being no privacy breach? This is an interesting point.

At least in Europe, any disclosure is a privacy breach unless authorized
in advance by the individual. The fact that the event is public doesn't
matter. (Of course after the event you can compile a list of people you
saw there, but that's different from disclosing an official list.)
I would suggest that any list of participants should be opt-in only.
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------
     governance at lists.cpsr.org